Salem 8k

Salem 8k

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Training Summary: 12/15-12/21

Zero. Nicht. Zilch. Nada. Nothing. Goose-egg. You get the picture. Not the sort of week I was hoping for obviously, but definitely what I needed. Today makes nine straight days without running and I think I'm in decent shape now injury wise and know for sure that I'm in terrible shape fitness wise. The initial soreness in various spots (especially my glutes) from core work seems to be gone now, so that's progress. I'll probably take a shot at running tomorrow and see how it goes. I'm really hoping I've figured out the weak link and what things I have to do to keep problems at bay, but who knows. I've been in this same spot so many times now it's not even funny, so I'm not about to get too excited until (when/if) I have several months of injury free training behind me. For now, as has also been the case over and over, I'm going to be cautiously optimistic.

Anyway, that's it for a (lack of) training update. Hopefully next week I'll actually have something to report. Just a few days until Christmas and I'm getting more excited all the time. There's nothing like having little kid in your life to help you feel young. Oh, and Kaitlyn is fun too - ha, ha. Speaking of Leslie, she's actually in the kitchen baking now, so I think I have some taste-testing to do. Mmmmmmmm!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hmmph! No more sweets for you! Call me a little kid . . . .