Salem 8k

Salem 8k

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Training Summary: 7/6 - 7/12

Mon - 7 miles easy + weights and drills after
Tue - 9.5 miles including 8X100m strides & 5 hill bursts
Wed - 10.5 miles including fartlek of 1/2/3/4/3/2/1 min on w/ rec of 1/2/2/2/2/1
Thu - 6 miles easy + weights and drills after
Fri - 5 miles easy w/ 4 light strides at the end
Sat - 11 miles including John Henry Days Four Miler
Sun - 17 miles over the CDR course
Total: 66 miles

For the most part, this was a good week of training, and it helped build some confidence that I’m on the right track. The only drawbacks were the fact that my legs felt pretty tired and beat-up all week, and after my long run last Sunday (18 miles in the rain), my right hip flexor tightened up and has been bothersome from there on (more on that in a coming post).

Anyway, I won’t go into a lot of details on the specifics of each day. I’ve already posted a race recap, and I plan on going over the Sunday run in a little more detail later just because I want to put my thoughts down on the Charleston Distance Run course while it’s still fresh in my mind.

This week is going to be a much-needed down week. I haven’t taken one since I started back, and with the hip flexor acting up and my training partners tapering for a fast 5k this coming Saturday, it’s the perfect time for one. Hopefully it will get me refreshed and ready to put in some more solid training leading up to the CDR on Sept. 6. Assuming things go well between now and then, I definitely think that’s a goal now that I’ve run the course and know what I’ll be facing. I never said I wasn't a sucker for punishment. Onward!

No comments: