Salem 8k

Salem 8k

Monday, December 29, 2014

Training Summary: 12/22 - 12/28

Mon: 6 miles
Tue: 4 miles
Wed: 6 miles
Thu: 5 miles, including 4X20 sec strides
Fri: 7 miles
Sat: 5 miles, including 4X20 sec strides
Sun: 0 – Day Off
Total: 33 miles

I’m baaaaaaaack. Well, at least I hope to be in more ways than one. 2015 is likely to be a very busy year for me thanks to a major project at work, but I hope to be able to blog at least semi-regularly. I also hope to be back to training and would like to run a few decent races here and there.

However, I have a LONG way to go. This past week was my best week of training in basically the last four months, and obviously what I did is not going to get me race fit, particularly when you consider the fact that my average pace was in the 7:30’s and that was quite a bit faster than the 7:40’s and 7:50’s I’d been running in previous weeks. My hamstring, the reason for my lengthy absence from training and complete lack of fitness, finally seems better. It’s still not quite 100%, but I think I have it under control and on its way to being fully healed. At the same time, for whatever reason, be it compensation for the hamstring or something else, my chronic achilles issue has actually gotten worse, but thankfully it too seems to be headed in the right direction.

So, here I am crouched at the starting line of 2015. I have no idea what this year will bring but I hope to make it a good one. It’s going to be harder than ever to balance family, work, and training, but I’m going to do my best. Happy New Year, and here’s to a great 2015!