Salem 8k

Salem 8k

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Training Summary: 5/18 - 5/24

Mon: 6 miles
Tue: 6 miles
Wed: 6.5 miles
Thu: 5.5 miles
Fri: 4 miles
Sat: 6 miles
Sun: Off
Total: 34 miles

This week had its good points and it’s bad, but overall it was basically a bust. In spite of my resolution to get back to real training rather than just running the same distance at the same pace every day, I didn’t follow through and wound up with pretty much the same week as the week before. Furthermore, I also failed to do any of the ancillary work like drills, strides, etc. My fitness is building at least a little, but it’s so slow at this point that it’s frustrating. I’m having a hard time wrapping my mind around how slow the paces are that I’m running versus the fact that my HR tells me I’m not running all that easy. Some days I wonder if that’s my new reality, and if it is, I wonder how long I can stay at it.

This coming week I’m going to do everything I can to start moving forward. In fact, as I type this, I’ve already done my first workout in two months yesterday, and I’m doubling today. Don’t worry, I’m not gonna be stupid and immediately jump to 80 miles per week with three workouts and a long run, but I am going to start forcing the issue a little. I think I need a bit of a mental as well as physical breakthrough, and while it’s generally best to let the fitness come to you, sometimes you have to go get it, so that’s just what I’m gonna do.

No comments: