Salem 8k

Salem 8k

Monday, January 22, 2024

Jan 15-21
Mon: AM - 56 min incl 6X3 min at threshold; PM - 28 min easy
Tue: 45 min easy
Wed: 42 min easy
Thu: 42 min easy
Fri: 45 easy
Sat: 65 min easy
Sun: 46 min easy
Total: ~45 miles

This was one of the most challenging weather weeks I can remember in quite a while. The average run-time temp for me was 19 degrees, and with the wind chill, the "feels like" temp was significantly colder than that. Wed morning the actual temp was 2, and the next morning it tripled to 6. Throw in snow on a couple occasions, and it just wasn't fun. As a result, I was basically happy to just get out the door each day and didn't really worry about the length or quality of my runs from Tue on. In the end, I got in just over 45 miles in 8 runs with all but one of those outdoors.

My hamstring continues to bother me, so that's the first thing I need to address. This coming week I'm going to get back to the strength work I need for rehab/prehab on it and have a chiro visit scheduled as well. Since it seems to be holding up ok and is more annoying than anything else. I'm hoping I can still hit 2-3 workouts, but I'm not going to push anything.

At this point, it's looking like my first race of the season is likely to be Mar 9, which is basically 7 weeks away. Hopefully that's enough time to get fully healthy and build a little fitness, because right now I have a long way to go. Until next time, onward and upward!

No comments: