Salem 8k

Salem 8k

Monday, March 16, 2015

Checking In

Guess it’s been a while since I last posted. I knew the first five months of this year were going to be extremely busy for me, but I think I underestimated just how much so. That said, free time has been extremely limited and obviously blogging is one of the first things I’m going to cut when my to-do list starts to get out of control. Things haven’t been very exciting on the running front anyway, so there wouldn’t be much point in blogging about my mediocre training.

Since I last posted, I believe I’ve run weeks of 3, 31, 38, and 33 miles. Sadly that’s above average for what I’d run prior to that. Essentially I’m struggling with time and motivation, and my fitness has dwindled to next to nothing as a result, which hasn’t helped with the motivation factor. I am now fully confident that I am in the worst shape I’ve been in since college, including the period not too long after I started back running after losing most all of 2010 to injury. If you doubt me on that, I have the data from runs to back it up.

Anyway, I haven’t given up on the idea of getting back in shape and making a return to competition, but I also haven’t written off the possibility of just running for fitness and never toeing the line of a race again. What I have decided is that until work settles down, which will hopefully happen sometime around the first of June, I’m just going to do what I can do and not worry about it one way or the other. I hope to have enough time to blog a few of my training weeks between now and then, if said weeks are worth writing about, but at this point I can’t make any guarantees. In the meantime, I hope everyone’s running is going well and you get to take advantage of the warm weather now that it looks like spring may have finally sprung. Until next time, take care!

No comments: