Salem 8k

Salem 8k

Monday, June 8, 2015

Training Summary: 6/1 - 6/7

Mon: 2 miles then stormed out
Tue: 0 – day off thanks to a deluge
Wed: 5 miles
Thu: 0 – day off thanks to work
Fri: 6 miles
Sat: AM – 6.5 miles; PM – 3 miles
Sun: 8.5 miles
Total: 31 miles

Ugh! Not the week I was looking for. The first couple days of the week were crazy thanks to storms that started right about the time I usually run. I don’t mind running in the rain, although I don’t like it, but I’m not going to run in lightning and/or a flat out deluge, so I got knocked out both days. I tried to wait the storms out, but they were just too lengthy since I only have a certain amount of time in which to do my runs. To be honest, I kind of let that discourage me, and I never really recovered until the weekend.

I managed to put in a couple solid days on Sat and Sun, which at least helped salvage the week to som extent. Sat I doubled and led off with a workout of sorts, cruising along for 5 miles then running mile 6 faster than any mile I’ve run since last Aug. Sun I equaled my longest run since last Aug by running 8.5 miles.

I hope these couple of good days set me up for a solid week this coming week, because I have a ridiculous amount of work to do. I won’t say the time for my “fast” mile on Sat, but I will say that I hit 188 for my HR, which is 10 bpm higher than my max should be using the obviously questionable 220 minus your age formula. Furthermore, when 8.5 miles is considered my “long” run, I’m in big trouble. It’s been basically four weeks since I started back running and I feel like I’ve made mediocre progress at best. I need to get my act together both physically and mentally if I’m ever going to run fast again, and my goal for this week is to start that process. Wish me luck!

No comments: