Salem 8k

Salem 8k

Monday, June 15, 2015

Training Summary: 6/8 - 6/14

Mon: AM – 3.5 miles; PM – 6.5 miles
Tue: 5 miles
Wed: 0 – Day Off (hip flexor)
Thu: 0 – Day Off (hip flexor)
Fri: 0 – Day Off (hip flexor)
Sat: 4 miles
Sun: 6 miles
Total: 25 miles

Another bust of a week, unfortunately. My right hip flexor started bothering me towards the end of last week, and that carried over into this week. I tried to run through it, using a combination of stretching, massage, and anti-inflammatories, but by Wed, I knew it was time to take a few days off. I was able to run on Sat and Sun, albeit not completely pain free. However, things seem to be headed in the right direction, so I’m hopeful I can put together a decent week this coming week.

To say I’m struggling right now would be a huge understatement. It’s getting to the point where I don’t even understand it. Even when I feel good, which isn’t very often, the effort it requires to run paces that should be defined as jogging for me is discouraging. I’m not throwing in the towel yet, but I don’t think I can continue along like this much longer. I’m either going to have to figure out a way to get better, or I’m going to have to give up on the idea of ever being competitive again and just run for fitness.

No comments: